Drift off to sleep peacefully with this beautiful sweet dreams kit.
Does your child struggle to go to sleep at night?
Do you spend most of your evening running up and down the stairs or negotiating bed time?
Instead of tucking in your children like Mary Poppins and singing them a sweet lullaby to gently send them to snoozy land, you find yourself turning into a slightly deranged squawking parrot repeatedly asking them to ‘Go to sleep now!’
Maybe making the transition from day to night seems to take forever and by the time you get downstairs to enjoy your evening, you are a bit frazzled, and frustrated.
They can smell your desperation at 10 paces!
Children are tuned in and can sense when you want to gallop down the stairs and put your feet up. This is not a conspiracy to stop you from opening the wine (but probably should be if that’s your way of winding down). Instead with our empathy heads on, we know that this is their last chance to be with you before they spend 12 hours sleeping. In their minds that means away from you. To add to that challenging mix of separation and fear, to get to sleep they have to be alone with themselves in the dark and for lots of us, that’s not easy.
Instead of being a time to snuggle and connect, bedtime becomes a combination of unmet needs (theirs and yours) and a huge power struggle. I want to help you with that.
"It makes me sad when he is lying in bed yawning and he says, 'Mummy, I don't know how to sleep, help me'. "Thank you so much for personalised bubble download. My Son loved it. We listened to it together then when I left him to say goodnight he said he was going to spend some more time fishing at his lake with his Grandad. Worked a treat. He loves all the stuff you do and said when can we see Smiley again!"
Lots of children are scared of the dark
Think about it – does your busy brain come to life at night time when the house is quiet? There is nothing else for you to think about is there?
Children who worry about burglars breaking in or monsters under the bed
have wonderful imaginations or big scary feelings that need a home to go to. This is what happens at night time, any residual feelings which they have stuffed into their emotional backpacks during the day are stored there until it’s safe enough for them to come out. You are their safe space. Tucked up in bed with you there is often the time they emerge. They can and will come out sideways.
So I've created this
Smiley Sweet Dreams Relaxation Pack
so you can re-write your bedtime routine and turn it into an opportunity to connect instead of one to fall out. Nobody wants to or should have to go to bed upset, not talking or stressed. Inside you will find:-
This Relaxation Pack is for your family if:-
Super helpful Guidance Notes for Parents
about how to introduce relaxation and what to say and what you can do when you have a worried child.
🎧 6 Smiley Downloads
(68 mins) to send your child off to sleep feeling relaxed, safe and happy.
🎧 Download 1 Twinkle in the Darkness
🎧 Download 2 The Dream Machine
🎧 Download 3 Energy Clearing Exercise
🎧 Download 4 Get Your Happy On
Download 5 Into the Forest
Download 6 Rainbow Power
📕 'Reflect on your Day' Smiley Colourful Printable
so before you put the day to bed, you can take stock of what has happened and let go. We need to draw a line under it so we don't drag it all into tomorrow. This printable has been created with that in mind for you to draw or write down your worries or anything you want to get out of your head before you settle in for the night.
🎬 Invite Your Worries To Tea
coaching activity where Smiley invites you to invite your worries to tea, make friends with them and to stand up to them when they are being unkind or unhelpful. Nobody wants friends like that taking up space in their head, do they?!
📕 Get Your Worries Out of Your Head Journalling Page
when you write your worries down and set them free from your head, they lose their power. They get bigger and bigger when they rattle around in your head.
🎬 3 Bonus videos and additional resources
to help with bedtime, relaxation and mindfulness for children who are anxious or have busy brains that find it hard to switch off at night time.
How does it work?
- bedtime has become a battlefield
- you've lost your way with your bedtime routine and need to get back on track
- your child seems to be full of emotions and on the brink of a meltdown at any given moment
- your child takes ages to settle and calls out to you to help them
- you wish you had more time to enjoy your evening
- your child has become clingy and is experiencing separation anxiety
- your child finds it hard to sleep and is scared of the dark / has nightmares
- your family has recently gone through a change or loss and is feeling a bit out of sorts
- your child has been bullied or suffered a loss
What do I need?
- Buy the course online and start straight away. It's easy.
- Next to each heading is a little drop down arrow, if you click on that it will reveal the elements for that section.
- Make sure you hover over the parts which are in bold text as they contain links to other articles or will give you further information.
- Incorporate at least 10 minutes of relaxation every day as part of your bedtime routine.
- It's easy to access the downloads, click on the link and save them. If you are on a laptop, you can save them directly to your desktop. Some other places you can keep your downloads safely are in the iCloud, Google Drive, Dropbox, Onedrive or anywhere you keep your big files.
Additional Support - I am here to help you!
I am here for you as you make your way through this Smiley relaxation pack. I'm sure it will bring you all great joy and be super helpful in all sorts of situations. However, if for whatever reason, you experience resistance from your child or it brings up strong emotions in you, then please reach out. Often in coaching, anything which needs to be addressed comes out and so it makes sense to have somebody close at hand, who can offer understanding, insights and professional support. I have created a Speak to Smiley Call which is specifically for that.
> > Click here to book a Speak to Smiley Coaching Call
- Quiet space and a date in the diary - make a commitment to really do this
- An open mind and willingness to try something new
- Tablet or electronic device to watch the videos (the download is often better with your ear buds / ear phones)