I hear you! There is nothing worse than not being heard. Or feeling misunderstood or worse still: ignored.We often underestimate the power of listening
To be seen and heard is very important for children. Listening when it's done right is truly transformational and healing.
Listening in a Smiley way is how I create rapport (connection) with my clients and this is what makes coaching work. Connection in this way takes some learning and some practise. It's not like every-day listening. I'm talking about REAL listening
👂 Listening with your body, mind and soul.
👂 Listening without waiting for your turn to speak.
👂 Listening to what's not being said.Getting comfortable with the silence
Being in the silence with somebody you love who is metaphorically holding your hand through your thoughts and feelings is like magic. Listening is not responding and sometimes there isn't anything to say. There is something to be or to learn or to feel.
Children cannot always express their thoughts and feelings in a way that we understand so let's have a look at that together and see how you can become a safe space for them to share, reflect and figure it out for themselves.
"Lisa it's brilliant ! You are a true star whose message should be out there loud and proud! It was lovely to have some teaching that makes sense. This is particularly powerful with easy actionable points to follow. As a purchaser of many online courses, I find it really annoying when people tell you all about what you are doing (usually badly/wrong) without giving you steps to correct this or improve. We need the 'how to solve it' bit too. This is easy to digest information, makes useful self observations and ways to improve. Please write more courses, kids need you to teach their parents. It doesn't come naturally to everybody."
In this mini training, you and I will do a little Smiley coaching together to integrate what us coaches call 'active listening' into your communication repertoire. It's so powerful.
you listen, the more
you will notice the impact it has on your child and your relationship with them. You will get:-
⭐A Soul Searching Work booklet
with thought provoking questions to get you thinking and writing whilst you watch the Master Class
⭐A 60 minute 'How to Listen with Love' Master Class
👍 shares some useful listening techniques and how you can implement them
👍 what to say and what not to say
👍 when to talk and when to listen
👍 how to create an environment conducive to problem solving
👍 examine your obstacles to truly listening
⭐The Energy Pod Love Class
: 45 minutes of Smiley coaching where you and your child will also have fun learning about what love looks like specifically for your family (every family is different), so you can listen with love in a way that works for you.
⭐Special Bonus Features
👍 additional reading recommendations and resources
👍 a super helpful list of useful words and phrases so you can make listening with love actually happen with your child
👍a quick and easy Smiley technique for returning to calm when you lose it (because I know this happens when you feel like people are ignoring you or you've had to ask 10 times)
👇 Scroll right down to the bottom of the page and see each module detailed in full 👇
⭐ This mini training course is for you if ... ⭐
⭐What do I need? ⭐
- you feel unheard or frustrated
- you feel as if your child isn't co-operating
- you rush in and fix what your child is struggling with (instead of letting them figure it out for themselves)
- you want to help your child increase their emotional resilience
- your child is finding it hard to share
- your child is struggling to be accountable or tell the truth
- your child is struggling with something and can't seem to move beyond it
- you want to improve your communication skills or brush up your emotional coaching skills (wow parents have so many hates nowadays)
- you are exhausted by your child's emotional outbursts and don't know how to respond to them
- you notice how you project your fears onto situations or you see your child as ill-equipped or unable to deal with situations without you
⭐ How do I get started? ⭐
- Quiet space and time in the diary - make a commitment to really do this. Your child wants you to really do this!
- An open mind and willingness to try something new
- Some paper, a pen and a cuppa of course! If like me, you are a stationery addict, this is the opportunity to crack open one of your new journals
- Tablet or electronic device to watch the video
⭐ Additional Support - I am here to help you! ⭐
- Buy the course online and start straight away. It's easy. This video shows you how it works once you are in the learning den.
- Add my email email@example.com to your safe senders list as you will get emails from me telling you how to get the most out of your course (I often fall into your junk box the first time I contact you so this will make sure we stay in touch).
- Carve out time and make it a priority. The video is one hour long but you can watch it in 10 minute intervals and make it work for you. In fact, if you do a bit, let it settle, make some notes and then do a bit more, it's likely to sink in and stick. Your child will be so happy that you are doing this course!
- Get started. Get involved. Get Smiley!
I am here for you as you make your way through this mini training. I'm sure it will be super helpful in all sorts of situations. However, if for whatever reason, you experience resistance or it brings up strong emotions in you, then please reach out. Often in coaching, anything which needs to be addressed comes out and so it makes sense to have somebody close at hand, who can offer understanding, insights and professional support. I have created a Speak to Smiley Call which is specifically for that. Click here to book a Speak to Smiley Coaching Call