Imagine your child facing the new school term with confidence, determination and a smile! The new school term can be a fresh start and a time to do it differently. Making the switch from the holidays or weekend back to the classroom can be tricky for lots of children.
This course if for your child if:
- they spend a lot of time worrying about school
- they struggle to relax and go to sleep
- they get frustrated and angry about homework
- they are nervous and feel the pressure of tests and exams
- they get separation anxiety when they are away from you
- they are refusing to go to school or have lost their love of learning
"It’s the start of year 9 for us tomorrow and I wanted to drop you a line to let you know how we are getting on. Last night, my daughter wrote a list of things to remember for the morning and she stuck it on the front door. I didn’t read it until this morning, but it said: ‘Governor letter, bus money, lunch money, dance kit, HAPPY THOUGHTS!’ The last bit gave me a lump in my throat as I wanted you to know the difference you made and it’s still there a year later. Thank you!" Mandy, Staines
What if .....
- your conversation in the car on the way home was all about what a good day they'd had
- there was a way to stop their whirring mind and get to sleep more peacefully
- you didn't have to hear about that teacher or that child one more time
- your child was finally free of worrying about getting it wrong or making mistakes
- you remembered you were on the same team and life felt more joyful again
- the underlying tension had dissolved and you were both free to enjoy your evening
How amazing would that be? We sometimes forget that children are hardwired to struggle
and the more we allow them to, the more they can bounce back from life’s challenges. The buzz word around emotional resilience is called having a ‘growth mindset’. Your child already has all the magical ingredients, they just need somebody to help them unlock this stuff and remind them of their greatness.
Guess what? That's where I come in!
"Thank you so much. We have our happy boy back! we all feel so much better and we can use the approaches we have. I think his confidence will help to get him through. What you do is super important to all the children you help and their families. Thank you for being Smiley Lisa!" Mel, Farnham
My Back to School Confidence Pack is here to help. You have lifetime access to all the materials which are detailed here:-
- a Kids Back to School Video Master Class which gives your child a growth mindset so they can overcome their fears around school. Your child will also learn how to:
- how to feel safe at school
- nail those first day nerves and wobbles
- cope with the pressure of homework
- be less worried about getting told off
- ditch the drama and cope with the uncomfortable feelings that school brings up for them
- a Back to School Activity Booklet to be completed whilst watching the video (when we commit pen to paper, the magic really starts to happen)
- Smiley's Night Before School Video another quick confidence boost for you to listen to the night before to get your brain in the right place
- a Calm Colouring Sheet so you can use your creativity to rest your busy brain. Print off afterwards and put up somewhere to remind you about what you have learnt
- a Smiley Confidence Boosting Download 'Good Morning Mirror' to make sure you go to school empowered and ready to face the day
- 4 Bonus Videos for Parents which addresses some of the common issues which arise when a new school term is on the horizon
- 1-Live Back to School Q&A session with Smiley
- 2-How to deal with Separation Anxiety (going on a residential trip)
- 3-How to deal with exam stress
- 4-When hellish homework makes family life miserable
- 5-What feelings is going Back to School bringing up for you and your family?
This means that you can dust off this pack and reuse it over and over. It could help with other school related transitions like weekends to working week or changing schools. How does it work?
- Buy the course online, and start straight away. It's easy.
- Carve out family time as a family to do this together - make it a priority
- Download the worksheets, watch the videos and style it out according to your family's needs
- Get started. Get involved. Have fun. Get Smiley!
What do I need?
Additional Support - I am here to help you!
- Quiet space and a date in the diary - make a commitment to really do this
- An open mind and willingness to try something new
- Paper, pens and craft stuff
- Tablet or electronic device to watch the videos (some of the downloads are better with your ear buds / ear phones)
I am here for you as you make your way through this fun and practical Family Pack. I'm sure it will bring you all great joy and be super helpful in all sorts of situations. However, if for whatever reason, you experience resistance from your child or it brings up strong emotions in you, then please reach out. Often in coaching, anything which needs to be addressed comes out and so it makes sense to have somebody close at hand, who can offer understanding, insights and professional support. I have created a Speak to Smiley Call which is specifically for that. > > Click here to book a Speak to Smiley Coaching Call