Do you ever think: ‘This isn’t what I signed up for?’
or ‘Crikey I didn’t realise parenting would be such hard work?’
Do you feel like your children have stopped listening to you and you are sick of repeating yourself?
Maybe you often question if you are doing the right thing?
You are not alone. At some point, every parent asks this question because there is no One-Size-Fits-All-Bootcamp for raising children. There are a few fundamentals though which I want to share with you (Smiley's best kept secrets).
Welcome to my step-by-step practical guide for parents who want to build their family on the solid foundations of unconditional love and respect. This quick and easy challenge – you simply do one small action a day - is a practical way to re-establish family harmony and create new healthy habits.
Lots of families come to me for coaching because they are searching for something. They don’t know what it is but they know something is distinctly ‘off’. They know this because they are arguing a lot or angry with each other.
What is it they have lost? Their gloves? Their homework? Their toothbrush? All of the above probably ;-)
Actually, what these families lost is their connection with each other. This can be returned with a sprinkle of Smiley coaching. Connection is the emotional bond you have with your child. It represents the unique and special relationship you share. Think of it like this: when you are connected you are giving your child a permanent invisible hug that holds them safely and loves them even when you are not there.
When you take small steps to connect with your child every day, they become full of love and happiness. When your child is loved up, they feel good about themselves and they respond more positively to the world around them (including discipline and learning).
Once you have this concept firmly rooted in your head, everything becomes about connection. A family who is connected is a happy family.
Do you want to find a way to connect like this? Wouldn’t that be nice? Well you can and it’s easy and I’m going to show you how.
I’ve created this quick and easy guide which you can dip in and out of. It's broken down into bite-sized chunks so you can actually do a little bit every day. Think: small tweaks, big differences (you don't need to chuck the baby out with the bath water. Sometimes just being aware of something or seeing a situation differently can make a huge difference).
"I really enjoyed challenging myself and my family - some were harder than others. We will go back and do it again. Thank you for getting us to have a new experience and teaching us different ways of communicating."
This mini training course is for you whether you are:
- fed up of repeating yourself and have become a bit of a shouty-ranty pants (who wouldn't - it's so annoying when nobody takes any notice)
- feeling overwhelmed and finding it difficult to navigate the emotional waters of Mummydom
- feel like you really want change - you want to do things differently but are feeling stuck or uncertain
- obsessively worrying about your child and the struggles you see them faced with
- tired of or totally anti old school parenting approaches and are looking for something new
- feeling unappreciated, put upon and wondering why you ever signed up for this gig in the first place (yep we all have days like that)
"This has been such an eye opener and a whole new world of thinking for me. I've loved it! Being a parent is a job I massively underestimated but when you have all this information at your fingertips and presented in such a way, it keeps you feeling really positive - even on those really tough days. Thank You!"
Or you may have a child whom:
In this step-by-step portable guide, you and I will do a little Smiley coaching together to integrate connection into your parenting repertoire.
- gets clingy and doesn't like being apart from you
- shouts or hits you when things aren't going according to plan
- is strong-willed and will frequently get locked into a power struggle
- won't go to sleep without you there
- is defiant or repeatedly up to mischief to get your attention
You will get:
- My 37 page eBook with a step-by-step guide to make connection parenting part of your family
- A Smiley-Ometer, so you can note down your learnings and track what works and what doesn't
- Two bonus videos to help you on your way
- Bonus Video 1 is about how to work out your love languages, why you need them, the different types of love languages and how they are super useful for parenting.
- Bonus Video 2 is about love languages and anger. This one is a must see if you find it hard to deal with your own anger or your child's.
This day-by-day approach will mean that through repetition, you will internalise all this new stuff (there is no change without action).
The more you do it, the more you will notice the impact it has on your kids. You can read a bit and put it down while you are waiting on the school run or at swimming club. It will come with you and be your trusty go to guide.
"I think the biggest thing for me was letting my child trust their gut instinct. I loved reading one challenge a day and trying to move forward. I have a tendency to be a shouty Mum and my children have told me that I haven't shouted that much recently. "How do I get started?
- Buy the course online and start straight away. It's easy. This video shows you how it works once you are in learning den.
- Add my email firstname.lastname@example.org to your safe senders list as you will get emails from me telling you how to get the most out of your course (I often fall into your junk box the first time I contact you so this will make sure we stay in touch)
- Carve out time and make it a priority. You need about 10-15 minutes a day
- Keep track of your progress using your Smiley-Ometer
- Get started. Get involved. Have fun. Get Smiley!